For the married peeps, we can admit that it takes work (lots of it) to keep your marriage good. Events in day to day life can make it feel so much harder to be happy together. There is hardly any special time left to spend with your spouse after the day's work.
So how do you keep your marriage alive besides your everyday routine? Surprises! When you have a spare moment, surprise your husband. It will make him feel like you think about him, even when he isn’t around. It may even make him fall in love with you a little more.
You probably feel like you won’t have the time or money to get a complete surprise ready. That’s why I made a list of 20 awesome and fun surprises! You don’t need a big budget or a lot of time. No matter what you have available, you can make your hubby jump with joy!
1. Create a music video for him. Believe me you dont need to have an artsy bone in your body (hand raised here), you can do this!
Some sites and phone apps give you all the tools you need. The only thing you have to do is take the time to pull together some of his favourite photos (or capture them where possible) and select the right music.
2. Write a Note.
Really? Writing a note? Sounds cheesy, i know. But trust me, it's not. Take a piece of paper, and write him a short note. Make it as romantic or as sexy as you can. Then be sure to place it somewhere he will see it daily, maybe in that Wallet
you got him for his birthday
3. King for a day.
I’m not saying you should be a slave, but give him a day of everything he wants. What is his favorite breakfast? What would he love to see when he comes home? If he wrote down his perfect day for you, what would be on that list? Think about that and then do as many things on that list as possible. This will blow his mind!
4. Dedicate a song to him on the radio.
Yes I know it is 2018!! An oldie but goodie he’d never expect! This one will require some planning (and possibly an hour of calling over and over to your local radio station) but think about how much you’ll make him blush when he hears his name over the airwaves. Just be sure he will be listening to the radio when your dedication comes on.
5. Make a love trail.
Disclaimer (If you've got little ones, you will need to get extra creative so they dont pick up the trail and ruin the surprise!) Use rose petals
, or whatever he loves (some even marshmallows) to lead him to a special place where the two of you can be alone.
6. Exchange an obligation for a date. I love this one! Imagine telling your man he needs to get you some milk from the store after work. He goes to the store and walks into you! And what do you have? Tickets to that movie/game he wanted to go to! Now that’s a good surprise.
7. Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner. Throw a surprise dinner party and invite his favourite people to come celebrate him with you – for no particular reason. It could be your in-laws, his closest friends, colleagues or whoever he’d enjoy having dinner with and who love him enough to celebrate him (even when it’s not his birthday).
Yes I know, this isn't a real word. But, there are lots of travel agencies now offering amazing rates to honeymoon destinations. Subscribe to their emails and when a good deal comes up, surprise your husband. I am sure you'l both enjoy reclaiming the honeymoon days!
9. Repair his favourite well worn objects. This is one of those super thoughtful things he will never expect. Does he have a jacket he has been wearing since your first date despite the small hole you got during your rave days? Why not attempt to repair it (for your sanity and his modesty!)
10. Tuck a sexy love note in his pants pocket (or anywhere you know he’ll find it). Write a sexy note (preferably in red ink – meow..) letting him know how much you look forward to seeing him later that night. Trust me he’ll be hot and bothered all day and breaking every traffic law to get home!
11.Lather him up and help him shave. By careful with that razor! But this can be loads of fun( if he can let you hold the razor net to him). And if he likes a close shave, even better. As you reach in close to make sure not to nick him, all he’ll be able to do is stare into your eyes, look at your nose, lust after you lips. Good luck getting him to let you leave the bathroom after you’ve finished!
12. Sing Along. Go out for a date and surprise him by singing one of his favourite songs. Who cares if you sing well or not? He’ll be smiling the rest of the night! Take a shot or two for confidence if you need an extra boost.
13. Take him to Lunch. Simply put, go to his workplace and surprise him for lunch. You can keep it simple and just make a delicious lunch at home, or you can fancy it up and take him out. It’s up to you! If you’re not able to stay to enjoy it with him, leave it with a sweet note that makes him smile from ear to ear.
14. Send him flowers.
Yes, i said it. No man expects to receive flowers
for any occasion, which makes this an even sweeter surprise. Send him an all white bouquet.
15. Unexpected Dare - Think of the one thing you’d never do… Now do it! Go out with your husband and do something he didn’t expect. It’ll give you a real rush. He’ll be really impressed once you’re doing that one thing that scared you.
16. Fall in love with his hobby. Well, maybe not fall in love forever…a day is good. Is there something he loves to do that you use your “hall pass” for every time he mentions it? This time, just go with it! Take up his hobby for a day and show interest in something he loves. Who knows, you might figure out exactly why he loves it so much.
17. Touch but dont taste. Men love to be touched but don’t always want it to lead to sex. I know that goes against popular beliefs but there are times when he just wants to be held. Stroke him. Hold him. And if he wants to go a little further, then by all means…
18. Greet Him with a Kiss! The most simple and meaningful weapon for a surprise attack is a kiss. A smile and a kiss when he walks though the door at night. A “I can’t wait to see you later” good-bye morning kiss.
19. Make your partner breakfast in bed. Add a love letter
20. Spice things up. Think of something meaningful from “the old days” that you used to do together and make a surprise out of it. If you loved going out for walks, ditch the car and walk around together for old times sake.
Extra: Get him a gift from Purpink Gifts and have it delivered when you are together. He will definitely not expect the surprise.
QUESTION: What fun ways have you surprised your husband in the past?
Until tomorrow…make it a great day!